For more than 40 years, the IABC Gold Quill Awards have recognized communication work from around the world that soars above the average, taking communication to new heights. Award-winning work is innovative, strategic and delivers significant results. By entering the 2019 Gold Quill Awards program, you validate your best work against a global standard—a measure that elevates groundbreaking work to identify “the best of the best” communication efforts in the world.
Below you will find information and promotional content to assist you with marketing the 2019 Gold Quill Awards program and encouraging entries from IABC regions and chapters. Please take a look and let us know if there is anything further we can provide. We will add new graphics and social media posts as the program progresses.
The goal of a communicator’s best work is to change hearts and minds, ultimately inspiring action. It should connect people and ideas, using concepts born out of creativity and innovation. Award-winning work will also inspire others to reach for excellence.
Celebrating Communication Excellence – the IABC Gold Quill Awards!
Program opens: 26 September 2018
Early-bird deadline: 14 November 2018
Deadline: 9 January 2019
Late deadline: 29 January 2019
2019 Press Releases
- 2019 Gold Quill Awards Agency and Team of the Year Winners
- 2019 Gold Quill Award winners press release
- 2019 Gold Quill Awards Special Awards Press Release
Articles about Gold Quill Award-winning case studies
Each month, Communication World magazine publishes a case study focusing on a Gold Quill winner. Here are some recent articles that you might like to share with your members as part of your promotional campaign. You can also view the case studies page on the Gold Quill website.
- “Drive Away Hunger” Campaign Connects a Financial Institution with a Community
- Reimagine Downtown Vancouver
- “Bees with Backpacks” Campaign Sheds Light on a Global Problem
- Celebrating a School’s Centenery Brings a Community Together After Crisis
- “Respect Starts Here” Workplace Anti-bullying Campaign
- UPS “Be Your Hero” Campaign Educates Employees About Preventive Health Screenings
- Delta Air Lines Honors Veterans
- Jacob’s Creek Builds a Community with #MoscatoMonday Campaign
- “The Next Episode”: Campaign frames major change as a blockbuster sequel
- Influencers Raise Awareness of Vital Heath Care Profession
- Innovative Documentary Lets Front-line Emergency Staff Shine
- Newsletter Builds Employees’ Financial Literacy
- University Uses Instagram to Woo Potential Students
- United Way Responds to Calgary Floods
Sample tweets (image to include below)
- We’re honored to be recognized by @IABC with a Gold Quill Award and we look forward to attending the Excellence Gala held on Tuesday, 11 June 2019, at #IABC19 in Vancouver. Find details about the Gala here: https://wc.iabc.com/the-excellence-awards-gala/
- We’re elated to have been recognized @IABC with a ______ Award! We can’t wait to celebrate in style at the Excellence Gala held on Tuesday, 11 June 2019, at #IABC19 in Vancouver. Find details about the Gala here: https://wc.iabc.com/the-excellence-awards-gala/
- We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve been recognized by @IABC with a Gold Quill Award for our work on______. We’d also like to congratulate all the 2019 winners! View the full list of winners here: https://gq.iabc.com/winners/ #IABCGQ
Sample Facebook/LinkedIn posts (images below)
- We’re honored to be recognized for our work on ____ with a Gold Quill Award and we look forward to attending the Excellence Gala held on Tuesday, 11 June 2019, at the IABC World Conference in Vancouver. Find details about the Gala here: https://wc.iabc.com/the-excellence-awards-gala/ #IABC19
- We’re elated to have been recognized for our work on _____ with a ______ Award! We can’t wait to celebrate in style at the Excellence Gala held on Tuesday, 11 June 2019, at the IABC World Conference in Vancouver. Find details about the Gala here: https://wc.iabc.com/the-excellence-awards-gala/ #IABC19
- We’re thrilled to announce that we’ve been recognized by IABC with a Gold Quill Award for our work on______. We’d also like to congratulate all the 2019 winners! View the full list of winners here: https://gq.iabc.com/winners/ #IABCGQ
Press Release Guidelines
A press release template (Word doc) has been created to help you draft a press release.
You are also welcome to write your own press release, however please note the following information to assist you in drafting your release. Please include email@example.com in your distribution list for the final, approved version.
Hints and tips:
- You may use any of the content from IABC’s own global press release, available here.
- It must be clear that the press release is being issued by your organization and not by IABC on your behalf. The press release should not appear to be a joint statement.
- You may use feedback from the evaluators as quotes within the press release. When doing so, please ensure intention of the comment is represented accurately. (For example, “This entry is somewhat ordinary with occasional sparks of brilliance” should not become “Gold Quill evaluators said the entry showed sparks of brilliance.”) Please attribute comments to “Gold Quill evaluators”, as follows, e.g.:
- “This is excellent, strategic work,” stated feedback from the IABC Gold Quill evaluators.
- According to feedback from the IABC Gold Quill evaluators, XYZ’s entry showed, “…excellent, strategic work.”
- Please refer to the program as the 2019 IABC Gold Quill Awards.
- Please include the full name of IABC the first time it appears in your release (International Association of Business Communicators).
- Please include the following sentence within your press release: The 2019 IABC Gold Quill Awards will be presented at IABC’s World Conference, to be held in Vancouver, BC, Canada 9-11 June 2019. More information on World Conference is available at: https://wc.iabc.com/
About the Gold Quill Awards Program:
For more than 40 years, IABC’s Gold Quill Awards have recognized and awarded excellence in strategic communication worldwide. The Gold Quill Awards honor the dedication, innovation and passion of communicators on a global scale with a focus on achieving solid business outcomes.
Since 2008, more than 5,000 projects have been entered in the Gold Quill Awards. The IABC Gold Quill Awards program recognizes business communication excellence globally, and is acknowledged as one of the most prestigious awards programs in the industry.
The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is the recognized global community of communication professionals representing diverse industries and disciplines. We connect communicators with a global and local network, career opportunities, resources and knowledge – using communication to engage, influence, counsel and execute. At the forefront of the communication profession and setting the global standard, our members are professionals who practice with integrity and passion. For more information, visit http://www.iabc.com.
IABC Gold Quill Awards Contact:
Award-Specific Email Signatures