This page contains graphics for your website and/or social media pages, email signature images, and guidelines should you choose to draft a press release. These materials have been provided in good faith and their use is governed by the IABC Code of Ethics. Please ensure your use of these items is truthful, accurate and fair.
Social Media graphics
Shareable social media images
Email signature images
Press Release Guidelines
A press release template (Word doc) has been created to help you draft a press release.
You are also welcome to write your own press release, however please note the following information to assist you in drafting your release. Please include email@example.com in your distribution list for the final, approved version.
Hints and tips:
- You may use any of the content from IABC’s own global press release, available here.
- It must be clear that the press release is being issued by your organization and not by IABC on your behalf. The press release should not appear to be a joint statement.
- You may use feedback from the evaluators as quotes within the press release. When doing so, please ensure intention of the comment is represented accurately. (For example, “This entry is somewhat ordinary with occasional sparks of brilliance” should not become “Gold Quill evaluators said the entry showed sparks of brilliance.”) Please attribute comments to “Gold Quill evaluators”, as follows, e.g.:
- “This is excellent, strategic work,” stated feedback from the IABC Gold Quill evaluators.
- According to feedback from the IABC Gold Quill evaluators, XYZ’s entry showed, “…excellent, strategic work.”
- Please refer to the program as the 2018 IABC Gold Quill Awards.
- Please include the full name of IABC the first time it appears in your release (International Association of Business Communicators).
- Please include the following sentence within your press release: The 2018 IABC Gold Quill Awards will be presented at IABC’s World Conference, to be held in Montreal, PQ, Canada 3-6 June 2018. More information on World Conference is available at: http://wc.iabc.com/
About the Gold Quill Awards Program:
For more than 40 years, IABC’s Gold Quill Awards have recognized and awarded excellence in strategic communication worldwide. The Gold Quill Awards honor the dedication, innovation and passion of communicators on a global scale with a focus on achieving solid business outcomes.
Since 2008, more than 5,000 projects have been entered in the Gold Quill Awards. The IABC Gold Quill Awards program recognizes business communication excellence globally, and is acknowledged as one of the most prestigious awards programs in the industry.
The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is the recognized global community of communication professionals representing diverse industries and disciplines. We connect communicators with a global and local network, career opportunities, resources and knowledge – using communication to engage, influence, counsel and execute. At the forefront of the communication profession and setting the global standard, our members are professionals who practice with integrity and passion. For more information, visit http://www.iabc.com.
IABC Gold Quill Awards Contact: