For more than 40 years, the IABC Gold Quill Awards have recognized communication work from around the world that soars above the average, taking communication to new heights. Award-winning work is innovative, strategic and delivers significant results. By entering the 2018 Gold Quill Awards program, you validate your best work against a global standard—a measure that elevates groundbreaking work to identify “the best of the best” communication efforts in the world.
Below you will find information and promotional content to assist you with marketing the 2018 Gold Quill Awards program and encouraging entries from IABC regions and chapters. Please take a look and let us know if there is anything further we can provide. We will add new graphics and social media posts as the program progresses.
The theme for the program this year is “Soar.” The goal of a communicator’s best work is to change hearts and minds, ultimately inspiring action. It should connect people and ideas, using concepts born out of creativity and innovation. Award-winning work will also inspire others to reach for excellence.
The tagline is: Are you ready to soar? Share your best work by entering the 2018 Gold Quill Awards program.
Program opens: 26 September 2017
Early-bird deadline: 15 November 2017
Deadline: 10 January 2018
Late deadline: 30 January 2018
- Are you ready to soar? Share your best work by entering the 2018 Gold Quill Awards program.
- As the premier program for communication professionals (the “Pulitzer Prize” of our field), Gold Quill recognizes excellence in communication
- Gold Quill honors the dedication, innovation and passion of communicators on a global scale
- Entering is a straightforward process:
- Details are online
- You can enter in multiple divisions
- It’s an excellent, low-cost professional development opportunity.
- Entering your work for a Gold Quill gets you access to feedback from leading communicators.
Articles about Gold Quill Award-winning case studies
Each month, Communication World magazine publishes a case study focusing on a Gold Quill winner. Here are some recent articles that you might like to share with your members as part of your promotional campaign. You can also view the case studies page on the Gold Quill website.
- “Drive Away Hunger” Campaign Connects a Financial Institution with a Community
- Reimagine Downtown Vancouver
- “Bees with Backpacks” Campaign Sheds Light on a Global Problem
- Celebrating a School’s Centenery Brings a Community Together After Crisis
- “Respect Starts Here” Workplace Anti-bullying Campaign
- UPS “Be Your Hero” Campaign Educates Employees About Preventive Health Screenings
- Delta Air Lines Honors Veterans
- Jacob’s Creek Builds a Community with #MoscatoMonday Campaign
- “The Next Episode”: Campaign frames major change as a blockbuster sequel
- Influencers Raise Awareness of Vital Heath Care Profession
- Innovative Documentary Lets Front-line Emergency Staff Shine
- Newsletter Builds Employees’ Financial Literacy
- University Uses Instagram to Woo Potential Students
- United Way Responds to Calgary Floods
Sample tweets (image to include below)
- The deadline for Gold Quill Awards early-bird entry is 15 November. What’s your award-worthy work? gq.iabc.com #IABCgq
- Are you ready to soar? Share your best work by entering the 2018 Gold Quill Awards program. #IABCgq
- Show us how you challenged yourself to new heights of innovation, creativity and strategic thinking. #IABCgq
- Build a portfolio of work that opens doors to new opportunities. gq.iabc.com #communication skills #IABCgq
- Inspire your team. Submit your show-stopping work to the Gold Quill Awards program by 15 November #IABCgq
- Is your #comms agency the best worldwide? Prove it and be in the running to be named Agency of the Year gq.iabc.com #IABCgq
- Do you have an innovative, creative, well-measured case study? Submit it to the Gold Quill Awards program! gq.iabc.com #IABCgq
- Think your #comms department rocks the world? Prove it at the Gold Quill Awards gq.iabc.com #IABCgq
Sample Facebook/LinkedIn posts (images below)
- Soar to new heights! Submit your 2018 Gold Quill Awards entries and get recognized for your best work! The early-bird deadline is 15 November. Get all the details at http://gq.iabc.com. #gqiabc
- The 15 November early-bird deadline for the 2018 Gold Quill awards is coming up fast! Are you working on your 2018 #iabcgq entries? Get more information and submit your work here: http://gq.iabc.com.
- Are you thinking of submitting your #comms work for the 2018 Gold Quill Awards? The early-bird submission deadline is 15 November. Check out these happy winners we interviewed at the 2017 Excellence Gala. https://youtu.be/0wbAFJf_sUI