Download photos here:
Held each year in celebration of the highest achievements in the communication profession, the glamorous Excellence Gala at the IABC World Conference is the communication professional’s night of nights, filled with inspiration, delicious food, entertainment and great company.
During the gala, IABC honors Gold Quill Award winners, IABC Fellows, and winners of the Jake Wittmer Award, Business Issue Award and Sharon Berzok Award. The Gold Quill Awards are IABC’s premier awards program recognizing and fostering excellence in the field of business communication, and recipients from all over the world are recognized for their achievements across the communication profession.
In addition, winners of the “Best of the Best” and “Agency/department of the Year” honors are announced live at the event.
The Excellence Gala is a black-tie-optional celebration that has long been one of IABC’s most prestigious events. It’s a perfect opportunity celebrate the hard work and accomplishments of your team or clients.
Agency/department of the year awards
The celebration included recognition of awards for excellent work submitted by an agency or organization. The awards are judged based on the number of winning submissions from a particular entrant. Excellence awards are weighted more than Merit awards.
- IABC Gold Quill Boutique Agency of the Year (five or fewer employees)
- IABC Gold Quill Small Agency of the Year (six to 20 employees)
- IABC Gold Quill Mid-Size Agency of the Year (21 to 50 employees)
- IABC Gold Quill Large Agency of the Year (51 to more employees)
- IABC Gold Quill Corporate Communications Department of the Year
- IABC Gold Quill Not-for-Profit Communication Department of the Year
These awards were calculated following the judging of all categories and were celebrated at the Gala.
Best of the Best
Recommended by the Blue Ribbon Panel evaluators and reviewed by the Awards Committee, the Best of the Best Awards recognize the most exceptional work from across all divisions.
All entries that earn an Award of Excellence are considered for:
- The Jake Wittmer Award, for outstanding research commissioned or developed by a communicator that was instrumental in ensuring the success of a communication program.
- The Business Issue Award, for addressing a critical business issue that threatened the well-being or viability of an organization and shows strategic involvement while presenting an effective, innovative resolution with measurable results.
- The Sharon Berzok Student Award, for the student who achieves the highest standard of communication excellence in the student categories. The winning entrant will receive a US$500 scholarship to use for professional development, education or training.
Find out more about the 2018 World Conference here.