The Gold Quill Awards are presented at IABC’s night of nights, the Excellence Gala, held as part of the annual World Conference. In 2017, the conference will be held in Washington, D.C. 11 – 14 June.
The Excellence Gala is a black tie-optional dinner that has long been one of IABC’s most prestigious events. It’s a perfect opportunity to celebrate the hard work and achievements of your team and/or clients.
This year, the Excellence Awards Gala will be held on Tuesday 13 June 2017 at the Washington D.C. Hilton. Join your peers for an evening of excitement and delight!
This year’s program has been organized into three parts.
5:00 – 5:30 pm – Pre-awards champagne with light appetizer – International Ballroom Foyer
5:30-7:30 pm – Awards ceremony (theatre style) – International Ballroom Center
7:30-10:00 pm – Post-awards dinner party – International Ballroom
The celebration include recognition of awards for excellent work submitted by an agency or organization. The awards are judged based on the number of winning submissions from a particular entrant. Excellence awards give higher weighting than Merit awards.
- IABC Gold Quill Boutique Agency of the Year (Five or fewer employees)
- IABC Gold Quill Small Agency of the Year (Six to 20 employees)
- IABC Gold Quill Mid-Size Agency of the Year (21 to 50 employees)
- IABC Gold Quill Large Agency of the Year (51 to more employees)
- IABC Gold Quill Corporate Communications Department of the Year
- IABC Gold Quill Not-for-Profit Communication Department of the Year
Best of the Best
Recommended by the Blue Ribbon Panel evaluators and reviewed by the Awards Committee, the Best of the Best Awards recognize the most exceptional work from across all divisions.
All entries earning an Award of Excellence are considered for:
- The Jake Wittmer Award – for outstanding research commissioned or developed by a communicator that was instrumental in ensuring the success of a communication program.
- The Business Issue Award – for addressing a critical business issue that threatened the well-being or viability of an organization and shows strategic involvement while presenting an effective, innovative resolution with measurable results.
- The Sharon Berzok Student Award – for the student who achieves the highest standard of communication excellence in the student categories. The winning entrant will receive a US$500 scholarship to use for professional development, education or training.