We have many resources to help you prepare entries to the Gold Quill Awards program.
- “How to Create an Award-winning Gold Quill Entry” webinar recording, with Awards Chair Cindy Schmieg, ABC, IABC Fellow, and Kirk Grayson, ABC.
- The “Midas Touch Guide” for each division—a detailed guide on how to craft your entry to best showcase your work.
- Score sheets for each division, so you can see exactly what the evaluators will be looking for.
- A preview of the online form for the Communication Skills division entries, so that you can have all your answers ready for submission.
- A Word document template for divisions 1, 2 and 3 work plans to help you set up your entry correctly.
When preparing your entry, ask yourself:
- Does this work plan show how the project or program was strategically planned and implemented?
- Does it provide enough information that an evaluator (who may be from another country and/or not familiar with the campaign) can understand what took place?
- Does it show how the project or program helped the organization?
- Does it contain SMART objectives—specific, measureable, achievable, relevant and time-bound?
- Does it cover all of the important points and does it tell a compelling story?
- Could your plan be used to show others what works?
RESOURCES FOR ENTRIES TO DIVISIONS 1, 2 and 3
- The Midas Touch Guide for divisions 1, 2, and 3
- Work plan template
- Score sheets
- Permissions letter template (for work performed on behalf of a client)