For more than 40 years, IABC’s Gold Quill Awards have recognized and awarded excellence in strategic communication worldwide. Gold Quill is the only awards program that honors the dedication, innovation and passion of communicators on a global scale.
Since 2008, more than 4,451 projects have been entered in the Gold Quill Awards.
While the style of the Gold Quill logo has changed through the years, the golden feather symbolizing a quill writing pen is a universal icon recognized throughout the industry.
All IABC Gold Quill Award entries are evaluated by international professional communicators with more than 10 years of experience. The majority of evaluators have earned Gold Quill Awards. Many are either IABC accredited or certified by the Global Communication Certification Council. And, all are trained to evaluate entries against established criteria aligned to IABC’s Global Standard of the communication profession.
Your entry is scored independently by two evaluators, who reconcile scores together at Blue Ribbon Panels held face-to-face in multiple locations around the world or virtually.
There are two types of Gold Quill Awards:
- Awards of Merit, for entries that score 5.25 to 5.74 out of 7
- Awards of Excellence, for entries that score above 5.75
IF YOUR ENTRY WINS
- Each winning entry receives a Gold Quill Award trophy.
- Awards are presented to winners at the annual IABC Excellence Gala held during the IABC World Conference. This evening of celebration and recognition includes a networking reception, ceremony, dinner and dancing.
- Select entrants with the highest-scoring entries are invited to present their program at the IABC World Conference.
- Case studies of select winning entries are prepared and shared through IABC channels.
- IABC announces winners with a news release, on iabc.com, and through social media.
- IABC chapters and regions recognize Gold Quill Award winners in their areas.